"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Wonderful Day with the WR....AWESOME SPEED!




"Mind is everything; muscles - pieces of rubber. All that I am, I am because of my mind" Paavo Nurmi




Stepping outside the comfort zone...speed. Speed, the act of moving rapidly, swiftness of action. You girls had speed today. What I found more impressive was your form during your speed workout.




It is a talent to run fast but not look like it. I like to play games....lets see how fast we can go, yet keep our breathing relaxed, super deep, proper posture, stand tall, arms and legs loose and feet light. Run like a deer...run free, run light.




I enjoyed putting "thoughts" ...running next to a few girls today and relaxing their mind. Our minds can sure play tricks on us...and our minds can motivate us. So, as we were picking up the pace on our ladder runs I would say in a calm voice (which I do in my own head when running alone) - "Everything is reeellllaaaaxed, breathing is so easy, arms and legs are loose, standing tall, focusing ahead, easy mind, easy thoughts, easy breath, super light....easy....picking it up, but still feeling easy" I find that when I play these games, I can sure belt out some good speed versus the intense and tightness we get from the tension that our bodies naturally go through when triggering these fast twitch muscles. Might feel a bit sore afterwards, but might as well enjoy it during the workout.




Girls, YOU ALL LOOKED FABULOUS TODAY...and it is such an honor to be watching you grow and get strong. I hope you see it like I do. I'm super lucky to work with all of you...and super lucky to see you work well with eachother.




Thursday, its all about hills......hee hee hee.....




"This is where you will win the battle - in the playhouse of your mind" Maxwell Maltz

No comments:

Post a Comment