"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Friday, January 29, 2010

FULL MOON FRIDAY...COLD BUT WORTH IT




My dark morning run today was super cold! Unplowed roads, below zero temps, wind....dressed like a ninja with icicles hanging off my eyelashes...the only thing exposed. Again, so easy to turn around and resort back to my warm comfort bed...but - why be normal?




So, out I went - partners in crime...heading out the door. The pace sure does pick up when your trying to get warm. My gear, Mountain Hardwear Tights, Mountain Hardwear Wind Stopper jacket, wool hat, drymax winter socks, buff, Allisons gloves (we traded...I didn't choose the correct hand gear!) and of course, Montrail Streak Shoes....and felt great! Light gear but good quality! So, below temps...not afraid of you! The biggest thing to be afraid of is the snowplows zooming back and forth to clear the roads!




Another trick for the long cold runs, filling your water bottles with warm liquid. My new drink is green tea with honey and some sort of sport drink mixed in. Awesome.




The Full Moon was gorgeous...so big, so bright, beautiful rainbow halo around it. Yep, all is asleep in the world, but a few of us see views that are precious - until tomorrow morning.....

No comments:

Post a Comment