"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Weekend of Fall Colors!







One week later after the 24NC and I feel so fortunate to be feeling great! I had an easy week of easy runs with many different people through trails, on the road, etc...and watched the colors of the trees change through each run. What a magical time of year...savoring every little drop of warmth before the harsh Central New York winter comes. Yet for the first time this year, I had a thought of looking forward to running in the snow, with snow shoes, yak tracks, and whatever else I use to get me through feets of snow. I love snow, maybe its the Nordic blood in me.

My childhood friend Eileen came to visit me this weekend - and reminded me that I was always waking up at 5am or earlier to run. Ultrarunning was no suprise to her - she knew it was just a matter of time! Something magical about being with childhood friends that bring your age back 20 + years. We had a nice weekend reflecting on our selfish years - now we are both Mothers of many kids.

The runs that I did this weekend were all about how relaxed I can possibly get my body to move freely and feel all the tightness that I may have had from last weekend to just disappear. And it worked, and I feel great!

My kids also entertained me with their running today. Unfortunately the official "5k race" wasn't able to happen due to scheduling issues...so, we had our own! They were all winners! I rewarded them all with an athlete ice cream sandwiched, only given out to the very best.

Just 20 more days and I'll be entering another adventure - for now, its building up my mental strength for it...and appreciating how lucky I am to have what I have when I have it...and not take it for granted.


Looking forward to a good week, and some good conversations with my AWESOME coach - somehow, we have connected pretty quickly (at least I think so....). Wonder what he has in mind...hmmmmm.....hopefully a break from the berry flavored gels -

No comments:

Post a Comment