"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Monday, October 12, 2009

A lovely day for a run....and all recovered, ready to roll

Picture: some of my Whole Running Girls...all Mom's, all Inspiring. They say women who have had kids are stronger...and I BELIEVE IT.


Well, kids home today - and besides all of my "running" I am wondering just how many miles I do put on in a day? I think there is a benefit to having 5 kids...they keep me moving all day long. And when I sit, I really sit! But, that is not often!





So today I woke up to COLD weather and did some speed work with the Whole Running Girls - came to my house and did a good series of yoga stretches - you never would know it is 4:30am with the energy and laughs we have so early! I feel fortunate to be surrounded by such inspiring Mom's. We all work so well together.





Then, later on, in between entertaining many kids ( mine as well as guest visitors which is often in this house) I ran again...a bit longer and helped a friend who is training for a marathon. I was her Sherpa, Mule....carried her stuff and kept track of her fueling, speed, form, story teller...you name it. And it was wonderful to see her finish with all smiles.





Now that I am getting ready to wake up early for a long trail run, I am thankful for so many things, my kids and their health, my friends and their health...me and my health ....we take it all for granted. Thankfully, all is well in the Perry household.





Until tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment