"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Sunday, August 9, 2009

TRAIL RUNNING! ASPHALT RUNNING!

Well, my thinking has changed for the time being now that I am focusing on an asphalt race. I so much love the woods, and now am giving no pressure to time, but just enjoying the zen of being out there, especially alone. I had such a nice run today, with friends and without - both are great.

Yesterday I did another asphalt loop of .9 which I am practicing the repetitive insanity. I'm finding the first couple of laps are brutal, but then I get into a zone and again, can let my mind wander. Very important to be in the moment on these long runs and always body checking to make sure you are relaxed, not pushing the limits and can just zone out.

So, I would say, a successful week of running...can chill and enjoy the kiddies for the rest of the day (especially since it is a gloomy, rainy day out!) and get ready for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment