"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Monday, November 15, 2010

The Prize is in the Process




"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman


As the Fall Season is fully here, I see many who are already evaluating and looking in to their next season. Where am I going, what is my next race to train for?
I am in the process of writing up many training plans for those who have picked their target races for the Spring as well as some who are currently training. The excitement is there, the anxiety is there, the "oh my, this weekend is the looooong run" talk is there. But as I see in myself and can relate to others, the good ATTITUDE is what gets you through the process. Get excited about those long runs, plan new routes, new ideas, so many ways to learn about yourself on the long training run. If your attitude is not good during your training, it surely will have a higher chance of not being good come race day. So maybe you need to question, "why am I doing this?" "who am I doing this for?"
So as you are entering your race schedules, in the midst of them, contemplating them....keep in mind that what will take you far on your journey is your upbeat optimism throughout the journey whether it be a rolling hill up or a rolling hill down. There is always something to learn, and the biggest lessons are learned through self. Training runs to me is like different chapters of a book that I am putting together to get to the conclusion of the prize run, the prize race.
Good luck to those on their training! You will come out a different person through every experience!
A good quote that may be good to keep in mind when things don't always go as planned on your runs -
"If you don't get everything you want, think of the things you don't get that you don't want" Oscar Wilde

1 comment:

  1. "keep in mind that what will take you far on your journey is your upbeat optimism throughout the journey"

    Thanks for saying that.. it's easy to forget sometimes.

    ReplyDelete