"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

One of my Secret Places....happy to share!

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir

How true that quote is. Something about the simplicity of nature, the beauty that puts our minds at rest and our feet moving with comfort and ease.

Today I took the morning Whole Running group on a wonderful adventure...some of my secret running places. I go here and am a new person when I return home. I was so excited to share this place and bring these awesome women! The only requirement is "I can" and all positive words - the mind is much stronger than the body!

The climb to the top of the mountain is long, and steep...yet the views when you are on top as well as the waterfall surprise on the other side is worth the journey.


These trails are magical - as in most are. Its art in constant action...different palates of colors for different seasons - just breath taking. Having access to these is a gift to your soul.

When you are in the woods, you are forced to be in the NOW...and how often are we in the NEXT? The more technical the trail, the more you are in that step. I loved watching the girls get in their groove - taking it all in.


Mountains, woods, deep forests...remind us of how small we really are. It humbles us and keeps us in check with the grand scheme of life!

Sooo thankful to be able to share my secret places.....more to come girls! I'm not a creature of habit! ;)




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking us to this hidden treasure of yours, Jill!! Loved it! Bev

    ReplyDelete