"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Monday, February 22, 2010

A day of Escape and Dreaming!


"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones that you did do. So throw off the bowliness. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain rocks....



I am not a creature of habit. I like variety, I like mystery, I like to explore...always have. Imagination runs wild, especially when I am running in the woods, especially when I am running on a new path.


Today was an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS day! Being outdoors in the snowy woods was amazing. All by myself. A friend of mine told me about a single track trail along the rim (and you know who you are!!!)...and so I took it today...and loved it! Going under fallen trees, hoping over them, looking down the cliff...I felt like I was exploring. And this run couldn't have happen at a better time...the energy I get from running a new route is wonderful. I guess that is why I like the mystery of my races. All I need to know is "Is it hilly?"...ok, practice hills. "Technical" ok, find some rocky, rooty areas,..and on and on. Because when I run these new races, my imagination goes to places that I have yet to explore....


So thankful for this day. Tomorrow girls, you may just have to explore this terrain with me! Lets get off that beaten path....


No comments:

Post a Comment