"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Friday, December 18, 2009

RUNNING IN BELOW ZERO! AND LOVING IT...



















These Drymax Cold Weather Running socks kept me in awesome condition in below zero temps!




On a Scale from 1 to 10...I give it a 10++++ !!!!
___________________________________

4:30 am today - my dedicated WR morning girls - rain, snow, wind..they are there. Today was so cold, we had icicles on our eyelashes, white hair from frost...super duper cold. The snow was sparkling, the stars were out and it was beautiful...but, cold!

So how do you keep warm in something like this - layers (even double layered tights), face mask (neck gaitor to pull over your mouth and nose), warm gloves (with possible handwarmers!), good socks, and good hat. Still, make sure not to overdress...sweating in the cold does not feel to good...and will make you colder! So, getting back to some of these items, I am going to elaborate on one because I noticed a significant difference....

My hands and feet get very very cold - today, for the first time I wore the Drymax winter socks and - THEY TOTALL ROCKED! Not once did my feet feel a tinge of coldness (when they usually do..) and they weren't sweating either. One layer of the Drymax socks and I was good to go. So if you have problems such as me with keeping those phalanges, extremities, appendages..in other words, toes...then these socks are the way to go.


I think I will have happy feet this winter! Thanks Drymax...and a happy soul, thanks WR girls...helps to be tough together!!!



Our road will be smooth and untroubled no matter what care life may send, if we travel the pathway together and run side by side with a friend! anonymous










2 comments:

  1. You must be freezing up there! We were at about 17 degrees this morning (with a real feel of minus 5). I wore my Drymax Cold Weather Running Socks as well - they are fantastic.

    Stay warm, good luck with this weekend's snow storm, and have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill I was at the Fleet Feet speaking event on 8/26/2010. I wanted to ask questions regarding running as i have just started only 2 months ago. I didn't however do so because there was mainly advanced runners and didn't want to bore them with my beginner questions. Would you mind if I asked them via your blog? My contact info is teeda30@danaherdental.com

    ReplyDelete