"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Friday, December 11, 2009

EVERYONE KNOWS ITS WINDY...


I think it is easy to forget that along with winter snow comes the winter wind! We have been experiencing some pretty windy days this past week in Central New York. Today, the wind and I battled it out in the woods. For the most part, the best place to be is a sheltered area such as the trails - although it was like a war zone with the many trees that had fallen! Yet the wind does get you on all ends when you make it up to the open fields that I had run to. I embraced it, thought of it as a good resistant training...listened to the vivacious sounds that the wind can make...no need for an ipod today!

So, for the wind, one of the best pieces of material is to wear a buff or some type of neck gaiter to keep your face covered for when the wind makes its appearance....its a great piece of material that can be put over your face and dropped down to your neck when not needed. I like to think I'm in ninja mode when just my eyes are exposed...no one knows who I am!

A wonderful windy day...makes we want to break out the lyrics "...and Windy has stormy eyes...and Windy has wings to fly above the clouds....". Yes, as I sit typing this, the wind is still talking to me through the window...nope, not afraid of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment