"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Monday, November 9, 2009

Back on the trails...and loving it...


A much needed 3 hour run in the woods today - alone. I took the roads less traveled, trails which some I have never been on - rolling hills, climbing hills. And what a day for it. The thoughts that run through your head when you are alone, in the woods is better than medicine.


I managed to tackle Hernia Hill a few times, but then my eyes were sidetracked to a small trail off of the big climb. So, I took it....and the engine took some warming up, but once I got going it was like a rollercoaster of ups and downs in an almost uniformal pattern wondering when this was going to end. I went out and back on this a few times and loved every bit of it! I can't wait to take the girls on this one! I finished my run with a much faster pace then started - all good!


Definetly a confidence builder of speed and endurance today - something magical happens when you are in the woods...alone!



The worst lonliness is to not be comfortable with yourself Mark Twain



No comments:

Post a Comment