"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Woods are Lovely, Dark and Deep...


It is hard to keep me away from the woods this time of year. Love the colors, the smell, the brisk feeling. Ran 20 miles today, rolling hills on the trails.


Today was an easy day - lots of thoughts flowing through my head. My kids, my responsibilities, my limit of time to do everything I want to do. Today's run was thinking....internal thinking. These runs are wonderful for clearing your head. Maybe you don't take in the scenery since "thinking runs" require seperating thoughts, organizing days, memories, dreams. And through it all, the miles...you are wondering where you are going with all of this, yet somehow, some magical thing happens in the woods. At the end of your run and all of those nutty thoughts...there is peace. Things were solved - all is well again. The next day, you are ready for a different challenge. The mystery of running...never know sometimes what the purpose is for.

Until then, early to bed - good night and tomorrow will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment