"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Working on the 24 hour loop


Well, I found a great loop right outside my door to practice for my 24 hour run, even convinced some friends to join me on my crazy loops over and over again. So, the purpose is to try to maintain even paced loops, get used to the asphalt (yuk...so much love the trails!), and the whole getting into a mind set of zenning out while repeating something over and over again. Yes, the mental part is what really is the challenge here.

Tomorrow, I will have a date with myself and explore a new trail in a new area...something I try to make a habit of, shake things up a bit, not to worry about pace but more the enjoyment. Looking forward to it. We all need to get off the familiar path...and explore!

Off to bed: Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man (woman!) healthy, wealthy and wise....have yet to see some of those results!

No comments:

Post a Comment