"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Monday, September 12, 2011

Med Ved Running and Walking Trail Fun Run


Pictures of a wonderful group of runners!


I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity again, to meet the Medved store for another trail fun run.




Medved is a specialty running store in Rochester who knows how to create a vibe, community around their store - bringing the passion off the wall and to good use. And Montrail fully supports that! Being on the Montrail team, I am a believer in our shoes, in our customer service, and sharing our passion with those to create a common bond.




Our Medved run started out with a talk regarding our wonderful shoes that we currently carry and will soon have more available in the Spring. Many of the Medved runners were eager to try on some demos shoes and test them out. And although our shoes have a wonderful look to them, the feel is so much better! So, off we went on a wonderful trail run.




What I love about this group is the diversity of people - singles, parents, the mighty Olympic qualifier speed, the "just out because I love it", and those that have been running for quite some time and look FABULOUS. And I will elaborate on one person who surely left an impression on me.




I shared my story about the trans rockies run that I just finished in Colorado - 6 day stage race running with my teammate Sean, ...a race that is not to be taken lightly that is for sure! So, as I am floating around the Medved runners, talking with them about their running adventures, I came across a man who had quietly asked me "so, what other races have you done on the West Coast?" and I shared some, one being Western States 100, American River 50, etc.... He comes back at me "Well, I've done Western States a few times, Leadville 100 a few" ...."Wow, that is impressive". "Yes, I believe the last one I did was 1991, I was 60" ...and I'm doing the math....Here is this man, who is fully fit, fully sharp and still happily enjoying races and running in the trails! This is what motivates me to keep going! And, he really liked the Fairhaven Shoes he was wearing (that came up a bit in the talk too!).




So, thank you again Medved, for giving me the opportunity to share our wonderful shoes with you and for you to share your wonderful community of runners. I can tell you are passionate about what you do!




"Running should be a life long activity, approach it patiently and intelligently, and it will reward you for a long, long time!"Michael Sargent




No comments:

Post a Comment