"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

"Its not what you look at, its what you see" Thoreau

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Helping others succeed....

Yeah Shamrock girls!





Amazing Adirondack Girls!








Some of my Ultra Running Buds!












...can only bring success to you.

















Today I attended the annual Ultramatters meeting. It was great! What I loved about it was seeing my training buds who have become friends as well as meeting new runners. It was wonderful to have a look at every ones accomplishments....and what I really enjoyed is knowing that each of us who train together are a part of the success of each other: The many miles that we have ran in all different temps and conditions, the conversations go from silly to serious, time in which we've needed the other to pull us along, etc etc. I could go on and on...but it made me thankful for them all....and that is something that can not be found on a race website with your finishing time. Only those training partners can fill in all the blanks it took to get you to that number whatever it may be. You look at eachother with a nod and a smile and true happiness for their success. Training partners ROCK.
























I do truly love running alone as well, yet the camaraderie of the strength together is precious and hard to truly describe in words. It is wonderful to encourage each other to strive to do their best....and then watching it come out in their races whether you are there or not.
















So as my race season is now in full force...I am thankful for all those who have helped me get to where I am...surely have not done it alone. Much learned and much to learn. All of my Whole Running Girls...a big thank you to you...you are a big part of my success...and I only want to help you succeed as well. A big high five to the four runners this past weekend at the Shamrock Marathon...awesome!
























"Talent wins games, but team work and talent wins championships" Michael Jordan
















TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More" unknown
















"It is literally true, that you can succeed quickest and best by helping others succeed" Napoleon Hill
























No comments:

Post a Comment